Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two Days, Two Surgeries

Ahhh! They are over! Logan's surgeries. Two sugeries in two days. Logan is fine of course, it is always Mom that can't seem to get over everything. The kids always bounce back ,and it takes me days to calm down.

On Monday Logan had a small surgical procedure that opened up his tear duct that has been clogged since he was born. They gave me the choice on whether or not I wanted to be in the room. Since I have seen Cole have many painful procedures done because of his intussusception, I thought I would be fine. I won't describe the procedure--let's just say it involved a papoose board, a three inch metal probe, syringe with a three inch needle filled with saline, a nurse, a doctor, my youngest child and his eye. I had about one minute left in me before I was about to start crying with Logan.

On Tuesday, Logan and I arrived at Cook's Children's Hospital at 6:00. By 7:15 he was taken back for surgery. Around 7:30 the surgery was over and they came to get me. Like I have seen with Cole, the worst part was Logan coming out of the anesthetic. If you haven't seen a child do this, they just can't seem to figure out what is going on and they thrash and cry and don't calm down for about 30 minutes to an hour. During this time Logan was crying bloody tears because of his procedure the day before.

Logan has recovered wonderfully from both procedures with just a bit of fussiness and being completely scared when he get close to Cole and Cole yells. His is not quite used to his new ability to hear.

Much like when Cole had his surgeries and procedures, Mom is fine during and the day of, but the next day, I tend to me pretty stressed. Zach always says that I come home from the hospital a day or two after the kids do.

I feel like we are on the verge of doing better! Logan is already better--they drained out the ear fluid and his eye seems better by the hour. The weather is nice, so Cole will get his outside fix, my face has stopped tingling and is working wel--except when I get really tired, and Zach has been working A TON, but his big project should end on Monday. Yipee! The boys and I feel like Daddy has been out of town during the week, but we will get him back soon and thank the Lord (literally) that his job is not normally like this. Not only is it spring outside, but it is looking like it might be in our household as well!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

My goodness Lauren! What was the second surgery? Tubes? I'm so glad that your face is feeling better! Let's try to get together soon!