Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter and a Poem


A poem for you...

(To the cadence of Humpty Dumpty)


Coley Woley slept on a bed;

He fell off and hit his sweet head.


On Saturday, we tried taking one side off of his crib (suggested possible by the crib manufacturer and a nurse that I had asked) since Cole has recently taken to climbing out of his crib. He went to sleep beautifully, but about two hours later he started to cry. He tends to sleep pretty well through the night, so this was a bit odd. We decided to check on him. Cole had fallen off the bed while he was asleep and somehow rolled underneath. We walked in to see the grumpiest little Cole emerging from the depths of the bed skirt. As soon as we knew he was fine, we could not stop laughing. (In fact, even now the vision of our grumpy little Grendel will send us into a laughing fit!)


My grandma wisely suggested putting pillows on the floor by the crib when I relayed the story to her. I don't know why we didn't think of that to begin with!


I put up a picture of Cole from yesterday, all adorned in his little Easter outfit. It was a cold Easter (it snowed a little on Saturday), but the afternoon warmed up enough for us to go outside for a little bit.

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I fear that we will have to do the same thing with a crib earlier than I would like. Katherine tries to get out of everything.